Monday 9 April 2012

Research day in London and some inspirational snaps!

So...I thought i would share with you a few inspirational photos i papped whilst down in London last week! I visited Spitalfields Market again, had a little browse around the independant stalls and little shops in the surrounding area of Shoreditch. I found some fantastic little boutique's, including one homeware and gift store called Inspitalfields which was full of quirky designs and vintage finds (www.inspitalfields.co.uk).
I also had a browse along Brick Lane, home to the fantastic Beyond Retro (www.beyondretro.com), a word of warning...you cannot step foot in this shop without purchasing a beautiful vintage piece, with scarfs for £3.00 you would be mad not too!
I also came accross a fantastic jewellery shop, which displayed some great jewellery from a whole selection of independant designers, a great way to showcase your work if you have the talent! (www.atworkgallery.co.uk).
I then went and paid another visit to Liberty's department store where Mary Portas has just launched her 'kinky knickers'. What a fantastic place i could have spent hours in there looking at all of the homeware, and i was in my element when i found the fabric and haberdashery area on the 3rd floor. I just loved the way they displayed there ribbons and buttons, and could have bought every Liberty print going they were all so beautiful! (www.liberty.co.uk)
So take a look and see what you think...and next time you are in London why not pop down and check out the area for yourself, i can guarantee you will be occupied for hours! x

Some snaps of Shoreditch

The lovely store called Insptalfields

The beautiful Liberty's displays

My favourite little haberdashery displays

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment